Drug prices rise up
Like a witch on a broom stick
Cannot pay? So die.
-Sarah Collins (@Scollins013)
KHN has been publishing your wonderful health care haiku for years. We’d like you to help us again by sending in your best scary health care or health policy haiku for our second annual Halloween Haiku contest. Submissions will be judged by our esteemed panel of experts. We’ll share our favorites on our social media channels, and members of our staff will pick the winner, announced on Friday, Oct. 30.
- Submit your haiku to https://khn.org/contact-haiku/ with the link to the related KHN article.
- Like Kaiser Health News and California Healthline on Facebook and follow @KaiserHealthNews on Instagram.
- (Optional) Include your Twitter or Instagram handle in the submission and let us know if it’s OK to give you a shout-out on social media.
- Submit your haiku by 5 p.m. ET on Oct. 29.
- In order to win, the haiku must meet the following criteria:
- Follow the format of a haiku (a three-line poem with 17 syllables, written in a 5/7/5 syllable count).
- Contain information that is related to health care and/or health policy and that follows the scary/Halloween theme.
- The best ones will reference a KHN story in the haiku.
- We’ll feature the scariest (and most creative) haiku in the KHN Morning Briefing on Oct. 30 and we will give you a shout-out ― or blood-curdling scream ― on our social media pages, with the hashtag #HealthCareScare.
The Grim Reaper Stalks
The ACA in Peril
-Bobby Peterson (@ABCforHEALTH)