New Health Affairs Issue Highlights E-Health
Headlines from the November/December issue of Health Affairs, out today, are below. The issue will be available at Health Affairs' Web site, www.healthaffairs.org.
- Vision: "The Internet and Health;" "Networking Health: Learning from Others, Taking the Lead;" "Health Care Reform and the New Economy;" "Interview (with Newt Gingrich and Ira Magaziner): Two Old Hands and the New New Thing."
- Business: "The Internet and Health;" "The Internet and Managed Care: A New Wave of Innovation;" "Vaporware.com: The Failed Promise of the Health Care Internet;" "Financing the Health Care Internet;" "Beyond the Hype: A Taxonomy of E-Health Business Models."
- Quality & Care: "The Internet and Health;" "The Impact of the Internet on Quality Measurement;" "Patients, Physicians and the Internet."
- Perspectives on E-Health: "Perspective: E-Health: Technologic Revolution Meets Regulatory Constraint;" "Perspective: Self-Regulation: Who Needs It?" "Perspective: Virtually Exposed: Privacy and E-Health;" "Perspective: E- Health, HIPAA and Beyond."
- Health Law: "Sovereign Immunity and Health Care: Can Government Be Trusted?"
- Health Tracking: "Marketwatch: Measuring Community Benefits Provided By For-Profit and Nonprofit Hospitals;" "Marketwatch: The Economics of For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Hospitals;" "Trends: Hospital Conversions, Margins, and the Provision of Uncompensated Care;" "Marketwatch: Are Patients a Scarce Resource for Academic Clinical Research?" "Marketwatch: Update on the Nation's Health Care System: 1997-1999;" "Trends: Tracking Health Care Costs: Inflation Returns;" "Trends: The Growth of Multihospital Firms in California;" "From the Field: Older Before Its Time: HIPAA and E-Health Policy;" "From the Field: A Life in Health Policy."
- Narrative Matters: "Traversing the Digital Divide;" "Despierta."
- Datawatch: "Health Information, the Internet and the Digital Divide;" "Pharmaceutical Cost Growth Under Capitation: A Case Study."
- Grantwatch: "Essay: Improving Care at the End of Life: What Does It Take?" "Grants and Grant Outcomes."
- Update: "State Report: Mental Health Benefits Under SCHIP;" "Publications and Reports."
- Book Reviews: "Brush With Death: A Social History of Lead Poisoning," "After the Cure: Managing AIDS and Other Public Health Crises.