Science Magazine Features Special Section on AIDS Vaccine, Treatment Research
The June 28 issue of Science magazine features a special section on HIV/AIDS to mark the XIV International AIDS Conference, which begins in two weeks. The section includes news, commentary and reviews that examine the state of HIV/AIDS vaccine and treatment research and how the disease continues to "devastat[e]" the developing world. A list of the article titles and authors follows:
- "Editorial: Steering a Course to an AIDS Vaccine," by David Baltimore;
- "News Focus: HIV/AIDS," including "Therapies: Confronting the Limits of Success," "Raising the Limits," The High Cost of Poverty," and "Vaccines: Monkey Puzzles," by Jon Cohen;
- "Policy Forum: China and AIDS -- The Time to Act is Now," by Joan Kaufman and Jun Jing;
- "Review: AIDS -- Diversity Considerations in HIV-1 Vaccine Selection, by B. Gaschen et al.; and
- "Letter: HIV-1 Diversity and Vaccine Development," by Gary Nabel, William Makgoba and Jose Esparza (Science magazine Web site, 6/28).