Product RED Partners With Lancet To Publish HIV/AIDS-Related Issue in Advance of XVI International AIDS Conference
The journal Lancet partnered with Product RED -- a project that aims to raise money for the Global Fund To Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria by donating a portion of profits from a range of branded products -- published an issue devoted to HIV/AIDS. The Aug. 5 issue is published in advance of the XVI International AIDS Conference, which will be held Aug. 13 through Aug. 18 in Toronto. Headlines of the issue's contents, audio interviews from contributors and conference-related "Early Online Publications" appear below.
- "AIDS: From Crisis Management to Sustained Strategic Response" (Piot, Lancet, 8/5).
- "An Examination of the Global Fund at 5 Years" (Feachem/Sabot, Lancet, 8/5).
- "Betting on HIV Prevention" (Lancet, 8/5).
- "CD4-Guided Scheduled Treatment Interruptions Compared With Continuous Therapy for Patients Infected With HIV-1: Results of the Staccato Randomised Trial" (Ananworanich et al., Lancet, 8/5).
- "Fight AIDS as Well as the Brain Drain" (Freeley, Lancet, 8/5).
- "HAART for the HIV-Infected Employees of Large Companies in Africa" (Van der Borght et al., Lancet, 8/5).
- "HIV Treatment Response and Prognosis in Europe and North America in the First Decade of Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy: A Collaborative Analysis" (Lancet, 8/5).
- "Russia's Blossoming Civil Society Holds the Key to HIV" (Brown, Lancet, 8/5).
- "The Business of HIV/AIDS" (Lancet, 8/5).
- "The Devastating Effects of HIV/AIDS on Children" (Lancet, 8/5).
- "Interview with Richard Feachem" (Das , Lancet, 8/5). The audio is available online in MP3 format.
- "Listen to the Lancet" (Horton, Lancet, 8/5). The audio is available online in MP3 format.
- "Listen to the Lancet Infectious Diseases" (Das , Lancet, 8/5). The audio is available online in MP3 format.
Early Online Publications
- "Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy in a Home-Based AIDS Care Programme in Rural Uganda" (Weidle et al., Lancet, 8/4).
- "Antiretroviral Programme in Rural Uganda" (Gill, Lancet, 8/4).
- "Short-Term Risk of AIDS or Death in People Infected With HIV-1 Before Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa: A Longitudinal Study" (Badri et al., Lancet, 8/4).
The XVI International AIDS Conference program is available online. This is part of the KHN Morning Briefing, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.