Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report Highlights HIV/AIDS-Related Articles
Several newspapers published HIV/AIDS-related content during the XVI International AIDS Conference in Toronto. Headlines appear below.
- "India's WTO Compliance Threatens AIDS Drugs: Protestors" (AFP/Yahoo! News, 8/15).
- "Sex Sells AIDS Prevention Message at Conference" (AFP/Yahoo! News, 8/15).
- "Activists Protest Richard, Bill, Bill & Melinda Distract From Real Story of AIDS" (Branswell, CP/Canada.com, 8/17).
- "AIDS Activists Meet U.S. Consul General in Toronto Instead of Blocking Road" (CP/CBC News, 8/16).
- "AIDS Event Faces a World of Pressure" (Puxley, CP/Toronto Sun, 8/16).
- "Conference To Look Back at 25 Years of Fighting AIDS" (CP/CBC News, 8/16).
- "Conference Logistics Keep Organizers Up at Night" (Puxley, CP/Globe and Mail, 8/16).
Toronto's Globe and Mail
- "AIDS Notebook: Fashion With a Message" (Gandhi, Globe and Mail, 8/16).
- "Bare Breasts Don't Impress" (Dobrota, Globe and Mail, 8/16).
- "Delivering Medical Care -- On the House" (Priest, Globe and Mail, 8/17).
- "Activist Fights Discrimination, Social Stigma" (Welsh, Toronto Star, 8/16).
Kaisernetwork.org is serving as the official webcaster of the conference. View the guide to coverage and all webcasts, interviews and a daily video round up of conference highlights at http://www.kaisernetwork.org/aids2006. This is part of the KHN Morning Briefing, a summary of health policy coverage from major news organizations. Sign up for an email subscription.